Off to the designer…

I finally had to part with my manuscript yesterday, sending it to my book designer, Rebecca Shaw, for layout. I also sent the covers as well. A few days before, we made some decisions on typeface, page numbers, and slight changes to the cover.

I wanted one more look at it to find that typo and grammatically incorrect sentence that I know are still out there; no matter how many times people have looked at it, I know there’s at least one more that’s still hiding out there. But I was so sick of reading through it that it all went by in my head too fast. I couldn’t even get through the whole thing. (Note to self: the gremlins probably lie in the second half of the book, since I’ve read the first part so many times.)

I hope to read through it one more time -out loud – before it goes off to be published.